NOTE: I am not getting paid by Instant Pot (or Amazon), nor do I have any other reason for this post other than to make it quicker and easier for you to cook healthy food at home. I work long hours, and sometimes I lack the energy / time to cook a traditional dinner. The Instant Pot ensures we eat out less, which saves us both cash and calories.
An Instant Pot is a digital pressure cooker. It’s well engineered to be safe and simple to use, unlike the terrifying stove pressure cooker my Mom used to make jelly when I was a kid. There are a few other brands out there that make similar machines, and if you have one of those you can use these same recipes with minimal changes in fluid amount and times.
The IP can:
- Make hard boiled eggs that peel like a dream, even when fresh.
- Make bone broth / stock in an 90 minutes, not a day and half!
- Make yogurt (some models have a specific button, others require more attention)
- Make rice
- Steam perfect veggies (just set it for 0 minutes!)
- Cook tender roasts in 1.5 hours or less
- Saute in the pot to reduce your dishwashing load
- Caramelize onions in half an hour (make a bunch and freeze some for later!)