If you are fully vaccinated, OR can be socially isolated for the two weeks before your appointment, I’d love to see you in person! You can read about the safety protocols here: https://rosecityacupuncture.com/blog/soft-re-open/ If that’s not possible for you, we can do a telehealth session over a HIPAA-compliant secure videochat. We’ll focus on immediate relief plus long term strategies. I can also teach your loved ones how to work on you. This will be a full hour (half hours for very simple or followup appts) of customized information and instruction for you, including:
- discussion of possible causes of your issue(s) and identify lifestyle changes you can make to reduce your pain, stress, etc.
- acupressure, both self-applied treatment and lessons so you can use it in the future
- medical massage lessons, so you can treat yourself and your loved ones
- teaching your partner / housemate how to do acupressure or medical massage for you
- nutrition counseling to reduce pain and speed up healing
- movement instruction – including rehab exercises, to build strength and mobility, and stretches (did you know I used to be an ACE-certified personal trainer and bodybuilder?)
- anxiety and trauma self-care solutions
- explanations of what’s happening in your body and brain, in easy-to-understand language
- help with assessing / adjusting ergonomic setups (work space, sleep, etc)
- help with reframing your internal monologue
This list is bound to grow, as I discover new ways to help you!
Some patients like to take notes, but I will send you an email afterwards with links to information we talked about, acupressure points, etc. so you don’t have to worry about remembering everything.
Schedule online here, or call me at 503-964-3422.
I invite you to check out my reviews on Yelp and Google. Here are a few recent ones:
JG: 5 stars
Sharon treated me in a virtual appointment for autoimmune issues (I am not strictly isolating and I respect her safety measures). Not only did she help with acupressure and nutrition advice (which has improved my issues tremendously), she was very considerate of my autism-related communication needs. Thank you so much for the valuable help!
RS: 5 stars
Sharon is a wonderful practitioner, compassionate and dedicated. Even during the time of coronavirus she was able to help me with a virtual session deal with some pulled muscles and give me feedback on stretches, diet changes and other things that would help me move better. It was so great to have access to that and to be able to consult with her. Highly recommend.
AK: 5 stars
I set up a virtual appointment with Sharon for pain in my feet that my other doctors haven’t even talked to me about. Since we are in quarantine Sharon showed me self massage and pressure points that I could do to manage my pain. After only one appointment my feet feel SO much better!
DG: 5 stars
Sharon is the most wonderful, caring, and knowledgeable therapist I have ever seen. She’s the best of both Acupuncture and Manual Therapy all wrapped into the perfect package. I have seen a large handful of other medical therapists and she is the only one who has been able to help with my chronic pain. My only wish is I lived in the same town so I could see her more regularly. I saw her last weekend and when I got home my Physical Therapist exclaimed “who is this woman and where can I find her?!? You look great!”
UPDATE: I ended up taking a week off of work to stay in Portland and get treatment (I live in Spokane, Wa), and a few follow up sessions over the next couple months. After three years struggling to find anyone to help, she finally helped me be pain free in a matter of months!! Anytime I do anything stupid to reinjure myself, I know where to go. There are no words to express my eternal gratefulness for this kind hearted healer. 💕
Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. I’m here for you!